Web hosting

Monday 13 February 2017

Adele breaks her Album Of The Year Grammy in half to share with Beyoncé

Adele breaks her Album Of The Year Grammy in half to share with Beyoncé after moving the Lemonade singer to tears in acceptance speech

 

 

 Adele broke her award in half to share with Beyonce after picking up the coveted Album of the Year prize at the the 59th Annual Grammy Awards because she didn't feel she deserved it.  
The Hello singer - who, along with the late David Bowie, was Sunday night's biggest winner after picking up five accolades - was stunned to accept the gong for her record 25 as she expected Beyonce to take it home for her visual LP Lemonade, so damaged the trophy deliberately in order to share the honour with her idol. 
There was not a dry eye in the house as the 28-year-old singer accepted the most coveted gong of the night.
It was there where Adele dedicated her big win to the 35-year-old singer as she praised the pregnant star for the 'monumental' Lemonade album.



The Rolling In the Deep hitmaker said: 'I can't possibly accept this award and I'm very humbled and I'm very grateful but the artist of my life is Beyonce. This album to me, the Lemonade album was just so monumental and so well thought out and so beautiful and soul baring.
 
The way you make me and my friends feel, the way you make my black friends feel is so empowering. I love you. I always have and I always will.'  


No comments:

Post a Comment