Web hosting

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal announced his retirement from management on Monday.

 

  The Dutchman, who was sacked just two days after United's extra-time victory over Crystal Palace at Wembley last May.
However, winning silverware wasn't enough for Van Gaal, with five Premier League defeats in the second half of the season leaving his side in fifth place and without Champions League football.

"He said FA Cup was the biggest trophy of his career after having his 'head in a noose for six months'



'When they have put you on a stage with your head on the block, my head was in a noose for six months.
'Under those circumstances I was expected to inspire the players every day. Going to the absolute climax of the FA Cup Final, ending with 10 men and having to score to win in extra-time.
'Having gone through all that, and then walking away with the trophy, was incredible for me.'

 That is why the trophy I won, the FA Cup, I consider the biggest trophy in my career.

more Pix 






No comments:

Post a Comment